Saturday, June 16, 2012

My Template Saga

Ok, I never thought I would have anything but my rulers. Rulers make me happy.  There is this high end fabric store in the Plano area, that just sells the heck out of my rulers. Well, the owner, has some necessary items that she needs made for her shirt making classes.  So, we get the shirt making template done.  Now, she needs a pocket making template made. Unlike rulers, templates have to have instructions.(sigh) Sooooo, today, I am taking pictures of how to use the pocket making template for my instructions. And, to be perfectly honest, this is the first time I have messed with the template_ because I do knits.


Can you believe the point on this pocket?



Here is a better pic of the template:
Unfortunately, my finger prints are all over this thing.

Now, I must belly up to the bar and make myself a shirt with pockets just to show off this point!

Hug those men in your life!  Happy Father's Day

Claire

5 comments:

  1. That is amazing. Could I have a link, please? I tried clicking on the image but I can't quite make out the brand. Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having them made for a fabric store here in Plano. I should have some extra left over that I will put in my Etsy store (ctharp1) by Wednesday this week. I sprayed the edges a little with starch too.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea; I like how nice of a point you are able to achieve. I've never really been happy with my pockets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley,
      I was pretty surprised too. When I look around at similar pockets on rtw, their points are kind of medium too. Now, I just have to find time to sew.
      C

      Delete